воскресенье, 14 февраля 2021 г.

Will call you proper batsman, if you score hundred today: Rizwan reveals Yasir’s challenge

Rawalpindi: Pakistan wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Rizwan, who scored his maiden Test century against South Africa in the second Test, revealed that Yasir Shah challenged him to score a century.

The 34-year-old Yasir told Rizwan that If he scores a century then he will be called as a proper batsman.

“Yasir Shah said to me that I will only consider you as a proper batsman if you score a hundred, as even I can score fifties. So I took that it a challenge and wanted to ensure that I made a hundred today,” Rizwan said in a virtual presser.

Rizwan also disclosed what former captain Sarfaraz Ahmed did after he went back to the pavilion. “When I went back to the pavilion after the innings ended and I had scored a century, Sarfaraz Ahmed hugged me. It’s a team game, it’s healthy competition between Sarfaraz and me but we have a lot of respect and admiration for each other.”

Rizwan mentioned that he learned a lot from Asad Shafiq, who used to bat mostly with the tail.

“You have to learn to bat with the tail and at this level you cannot make any excuses that you were batting with the tail-enders. Batting with the tail-enders is tough and I watched how Asad Shafiq batted with the tail and learnt a lot from him,” he maintained.



source https://medium.com/@klinkerbud/will-call-you-proper-batsman-if-you-score-hundred-today-rizwan-reveals-yasirs-challenge-36adf9deaa0?source=rss-8a287f9546ea------2

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий